Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My husband calls it yogurt

I spent an hour with Karen Kenney from Quest Yoga of Chichester this afternoon. She has agreed to be on the show, so we thought it would be a good idea for me to experience yoga first hand. She suggested we do some Thai Yoga Massage then some group yoga classes.
So today was the Thai. I was excited to have someone work on my muscles since I have been going to physical therapy for muscle tension in my neck and back. Karen did an excellent job finding out about me first, then explaining what she was going to do. Thai Yoga Massage is different, because the instructor moves the student into stretches and positions for relaxation. I will admit it is difficult to not "help" move your arms and legs around. Once we were done, I was able to lie there for a minute and relax before I went home. Karen really took her time to explain the importance of maintaining the benefits of yoga. I am looking forward to attending group classes and having Karen on the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment