Monday, April 5, 2010

It's not about finding the right person

Someone once told me, "It's not about finding the right person, it's about being the right person." We were talking about marriage, of course. So upon the start of my second marriage, I made a conscious effort to be the right person. I often ask myself, am I the kind of wife I would want to have? Invariably, the answer is no, which sends me back to the drawing board. But my husband, who is the right person, continues to be the right person and constantly forgives me with the brush of a hand like it's no big deal. You can't control other people, but you can be the kind of ___________ (fill in the blank) you would want to have, whether that is a boss, mom, wife, friend, employee, or neighbor. You can live your dream, with or without the support of others, but it's easier with it. So offer the support others need to help them live their dreams and be the kind of _________ you would want to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment