Saturday, December 10, 2011


Today I had a panicky moment. I was ready to leave the house to run in the Jingle Bell Run in Concord, NH. The sitter, who lives next door, was late, so I sent my daughter over to see if she was on her way. She told her that she would be right over. I left because my daughter is perfectly cabale of watching our little guy for short periods of time.
I went to Concord and registered and was waiting at the start line when my daughter called. The sitter wasn't coming. My daughter then said, "Don't worry, Mom. I can do it. We will have something for snack and watch a couple movies. We will be fine."
Deep breath. "OK, I told her. But you have your phone (yes), it's charged, (yes), and the doors are locked (yes). Well if you need help, you can go next door to either neighbor's house (yes, mom, I know). OK, well I will call you when I am done."
Well, I really didn't need to panic. My daughter had everything under control and my little guy was a great listener for her. My husband called her every 15-20 minutes to make sure she was OK, which she was. I was forced to trust her in a big way for about 3 hours and she really did great. She sure is a great kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment