Friday, February 10, 2012


Never in my life would I have considered myself an expert in anything. That's the truth. I've always been very good at a lot of things. I never considered myself good enough at any one thing to be called expert. Recently, number of people I been working with on radio, marketing, and other projects, have been referring me to their friends as an expert. It sounded a little weird so I thought about my own definition of expert. I'm of the opinion that an expert, really, is someone who is not only knowledgeable about their subject, but has the desire to always be a mode of learning, constantly updating their knowledge and refining it in order to be the resource for others on their subject. Because I spend so much time reading articles and app reviews and the like, I sometimes assume that everyone else is also doing that. That is simply not true. Even if I am not an expert in a particular app, for example, I have done research on it to the point where I know what it is how it works, and how it might be used in marketing sense. So according to my own definition, I suppose I am an expert. I'd like to think that the only thing I am an expert in, is being people person. Because that's what really all boils down to anyway. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment